Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Car accident

Im walking across an empty street
For real? Got hit by a car- it came out of nowhere
I know why should I care right? I aint here
no more Im floatin but i can still see.
Look at my body on the road
i didn't know legs could twist like that
never seen blood so red
'cept in bad egyptian films.
Look at the driver's face- guess i got a
compassionate one, cuz he didn't drive off and
leave me to die alone like they did that Ethiopian woman i read about
He's even crying, calling someone
looking at me, maybe he's thinking he knows me-
brushed shoulders with me somewhere in this small Beirut city
Anyway what do I care, im slowly letting go,
things becoming more and more blurry
i feel nothing
last thing i think, wonder if he'll come to my funeral.

No comments: